Get FREE Quote NOW!
What are Google Ads ?
2.3 Million Searches Every Second!
Google sells paid advertisements that appear on their website in their search results pages. They are possibly the widest reaching advertisements available for your business. There are approximately 2.3 million searches executed on Google each second! And almost all of the searches include Google ads. They are a very effective mechanism for targeted advertising that will drive your audience to your product and services.
Googles' First Page is Broke Down into 3 Sections !
- When you do a Google search for “lawn service” this is what you will see on your screen. The Top section is Google Ads. Business owners pay to be at the top for that specific keyword being searched.
- The middle section is called the Map Pack or otherwise known as GMB “Google My Business”. The more citations(name, address, and phone number) you have on the internet will determine your placement. You can get citations by having your GMB set up correctly, and adding them to Yelp, Yellow Pages, Home Advisor etc…
- The Bottom section is the “Organic Section”. This section is free to have your business listed and is determined by how many backlinks are linked back to your site from other referring domains. There is other factors as well that dictate your postioning but backlinks is the the major one.
Google Ads are focused around keywords.
These are words that describe the product or the service they are offering. Advertisers then bid on these words, basing their bid on how much they are willing to pay for a user to click on their ad. Google will then assign a Quality Score to the ad. This Quality Score, along with the bid put forth by prospective advertisers, result in the CPC or “Cost Per Click”. Google calculates this CPC by the following formula, where the advertisers will pay the fee to Google.
Average cost per click for Google ads is $2.32
How to Make Google Ads !
Google ads are basically an online auction, which occurs every time a user executes a keyword search. To make this system work for you, you need to optimize your Quality Score and your bid amount. Both will improve your ad positioning by moving it to the top of the search engine results page.
The following factors are some of the inputs into your quality score:
- The relevance of your Google ad to the search query.
- The relevance of the Google keyword to your ad group– this can be influenced by the location, including the country of the user.
- The relevance of your ad to its landing page.
- The historical CTR or “Click-Through Rate” of the ad and its ad group. The CTR is the percentage of viewers who view your ad, versus the number who click the ad itself.
- Overall historical account performance
Could Google Ads work for your Business?
In 2013, 1.5 million businesses generated $111 Billion in revenue from Google ads however, you do need to ensure your business is using the right keywords as well as the relevancy of those keywords to creating conversions (sales) to your company.
At Diamond City Digital Marketing, we measure our success by your success. We have highly professional search engine marketing professionals and SEO experts paying close attention to Google algorithms and their resulting changes. We pride ourselves on the high level of service we give to our clients. Please call us today!